Tuesday, January 22, 2013

I have been the photographer for my brother's band "Forbidden Fruit Farmers" for the two years I have been in Florida. Over a year ago I did a pastel of the band using a compilation of photographs with the intention of eventually doing a painting. I bought the canvas six months ago and am just now getting started.
    I decided to start now because I am in a holding period waiting to get started on the next mural for the Punta Gorda Historic Mural Society, and because there is an opportunity to show the finished painting (if I get it done in time) at an up coming show at the Englewood Art Center.
    I feel I have made a good start. My initial problem was getting all the band member in the painting. Typically the keyboard player pictured in the back left would have been to the rear and further left of the bass player. I wanted a more compact grouping so I based the grouping from a photograph taken from sharply left of the band and then moved the keyboard player between the bass player and lead guitar.

No comments:

Post a Comment