Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Mural samples in mid progress

The Punta Gorda mural samples are progressing fine I think with eight days to go. Much of my time has been spent on getting the right color values to create a sense of depth, contrast, warmth, and drama. In every painting, at least for me, there is a point where I feel like I am floundering, with no feeling of where I am going next. Colors are added and painted over then added again, more pink, maybe more yellow. Eventually I find the combination that feels right. I'm at that point now where things are getting worked out, for the most part, and I expect the next eight days to go pretty smoothly. Except for Christmas eve and Christmas day I have been working six to eight hours a day. I will probably finish a day or two before the deadline, but it's always nice to have a little cushion.
       You might have noticed that the paintings haven't been painted all the way to the edge. That is because the Punta Gorda Historical Mural Society wants a painted frame to complete the edge.
    

No comments:

Post a Comment